Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Humpty dumpt took a great fall

I am a little slow this week because I have so many things to do.  I had a little accident on January 8th that has also slowed me down a little.  I hope that I can get the video I made about it on this blog.  It has been posted to my Facebook page.  We have had snow for the past week which has slowed the traffic in Paris and made things sloppy with slush and slippery on hard packed snow.  They have very little snow removal equipment here and people are not used to dealing with this much snow.

Dixie and I are busy with institute assignments.  I will make a presentation to the young adults on January 25th about indexing and a family history institute class that I will begin teaching on Feb. 8th.  The emphasis is to get all of them involved in the church indexing program and then tell them about the class which will focus on personal and family histories.  We will help them complete a project by the end of May in which they will prepare a personal or family video sharing their stories.  Dixie is busy planning and helping prepare food for each family home evening as well as refreshments after institute classes on Tuesday and Thursday nights.  She has a huge responsibility to prepare food for about 60 prospective missionaries who will come to the St. Merri Center for an all day training experience on February 2nd.  We will be assisting in this effort once each quarter.  The importance of this training has increased as a result of the age requirement change for missionaries and the need to give them training before they enter the MTC.  We have heard from the French Branch Presidency at the Provo MTC that the length of time missionaries learning French will decrease from nine weeks to six weeks and this affects even those from France who will be leaving soon.  The number of missionaries serving from France, Belgium, and Switzerland will double from about 60 serving now to about 120 by the end of this year.  So every effort is being made to help them be better prepared even before they reach the MTC.  The institute becomes one of the biggest players in this effort and Dixie and I are thrilled to assist.

No comments:

Post a Comment